Tuesday 13 March 2012

Sunshine finally...

Despite spending 6 weeks in summery Australia over Christmas, we have come back and I have had a serious case of the SADS (Seasonal Affected Disorder) due to lack of blue sky and sunshine, and excessive amounts of rain and freezing temperatures since Chinese New Year.

Finally this week the sun shone warm through my coat.  I was able to dispense with my cozy winter hat and gloves (actually I lost them, which is fine for now, but will be a pain next winter!) and just wear a scarf.

I have taken the bunny rugs out of the buggy because although the kids are still bundled up in winter jackets, they no longer need the extra insulation.  Finally the playgrounds are starting to dry up, and we can start getting some exercise after school.

Despite complaining now of the cold, I am looking forward to what is hopefully a nice long crisp spring before I start whinging about the summer humidity and heat.

No comments: